Thursday, June 6, 2013

Home-ade Christmas Tea

A while back I was sick with a cough and I wanted something to soothe my throat. There was two teas in my cabinet, both I did not like. The reason the tea got its name is that when it's done it smells like christmas! I decided that I would take the spices in my cabinet and stir up my creative juices. The tea was so amazingly good I just had to share with the internet.

Needed:

  • Cinnamon
  • Allspice
  • Nutmeg
  • Sugar Cubes
  • Honey


  1. Take a wet paper towel and drape it over a tea mug. Poke a couple of holes in it with a fork. This is like a tea bag.  




   2. Put a spoon over the cup. Take the Allspice, Cinnamon, and Nutmeg and fill one spoonful of each. Then put all the spices in the "tea bag" and slowly pour water in. The spices will slowly dissolve. 



    3. Pour the water that is in the mug and put it in a pot. Put the pot on the stove top and then turn the heat up to high. Wait until it boils, so that the spices dissolve as much as possible. 


   4. Then put the tea back in the mug. Add two sugar cubes and a spoonful of honey. And your finished! Enjoy your tea, follow my blog, and/or share this recipe! 



No comments:

Post a Comment